Do you love football, but maybe not quite up to running round a pitch any longer?
Why not join us for Walking Football, with men and women, who enjoy football and physical activity?
We meet twice a month for an hour’s play.
· The pitch we use is a self-contained, outdoor, artificial turf pitch, with small goals and a wire net around the outside
· It is slightly larger than a 5-a-side pitch, so would ideally suit 6-a-side
· We pick the teams on the day, depending on the number of people attending
· We do not have people playing for the full hour, but play for 15 minutes or so and then take a break.
Key rules of Walking Football:
· No running or jogging, with or without the ball
· Low impact tackling only
· No offsides
· The ball must not be kicked or deflected by any outfield player, or thrown (by the goalkeeper), above head height
· A player can only kick the ball three times before another player must touch it
This new group began in June 2021, playing one Thursday and one Monday a month. We are now scheduled to play on:
Thursday 7th Oct.
Monday 18th Oct.
Thursday 4th Nov.
Monday 15th Nov.
Thursday 2nd Dec.
Monday 13th Dec.
We have spaces, so if you would like to join us, please use the Contact Form at the top of this page.
Everest Community Academy, Oxford Way, RG24 9UP
Click here for website
Fortnightly, Monday OR Thursday
Links to the groups:
17:00 - 18:00
We run seven sports groups. Please use the buttons at the foot of the page to view details of any group that catches your interest. If you would like to contact the convenor of a particular group, please use the Contact us form. Your enquiry will then be forwarded to the convenor of the group in question.
To contact the convenor of the Walking Football group, please send an email to: