If you are not a member of our u3a and would like to join, please click here. We run seven sports groups. Please use the buttons at the foot of the page to view details of any group that catches your interest. If you would like to contact the convenor of a particular group, please use the Contact us form. Your enquiry will then be forwarded to the convenor of the group in question.
Fun and exercise. This very friendly group has members from 60 to 90. It doesn’t matter if you are not David Beckham and haven’t dribbled a ball in years, if at all!
Everybody is welcome.
Walking Football is at a more gentle pace, but it’s good exercise, very social and guaranteed to make you smile.
· We meet twice a month for an hour’s play.
· We have been playing on a self-contained, outdoor, artificial turf pitch. We will be moving to use an indoor gym, with small goals, from 15th December 2022 onwards
· We pick the teams on the day, depending on the number of people attending
· We do not have people playing for the full hour, but play for 15 minutes or so and then take a break.
Key rules of Walking Football:
· No running or jogging, with or without the ball
· Low impact tackling only
· No offsides
· The ball must not be kicked or deflected by any outfield player, or thrown (by the goalkeeper), above head height
· A player can only kick the ball three times before another player must touch it
To contact the leader of the Walking Football group, please send an email to:
On Thursday 1st December, we will be playing outdoors on an artificial MUGA pitch.
On 15th December, we start playing indoors on the following dates:
Thursday 15th December 2022
Thursday 5th January 2023
Thursday 19th January 2023
Thursday 2nd February 2023
Thursday 16th February 2023
Thursday 16th March 2023
Links to the groups:
Venue: Everest Community Academy, Oxford Way, RG24 9UP
Click here for website
Date: First and Third Thursday
Time: 17:00 - 18:00