If you are not a member of our u3a and would like to join, please click here. We run nine sports groups. Please use the buttons at the foot of the page to view details of any group that catches your interest. If you would like to contact the convenor of a particular group, please use the Contact us form. Your enquiry will then be forwarded to the convenor of the group in question.
Fun and exercise. This very friendly group has male and female members from 60 to 90. It doesn’t matter if you are not David Beckham or Lucy Bronze and haven’t dribbled a ball in years, if at all!
Everybody is welcome.
Walking Football is at a more gentle pace, but it’s good exercise, very social and guaranteed to make you smile.
· We meet on the first and third Thursdays in the month for an hour’s play.
· We use a sports hall with 5-a-side goals
· We pick the teams on the day, depending on the number of people attending
· We do not have people playing for the full hour, but play for 15 minutes or so and then take a break.
Key rules of Walking Football:
· No running or jogging, with or without the ball
· Low impact tackling only
· No offsides
· The ball must not be kicked or deflected by any outfield player, or thrown (by the goalkeeper), above head height
· A player can only kick the ball three times before another player must touch it
To contact the leader of the Walking Football group, please send an email to:
We are playing on the following dates in second half of 2023:
Thursday 6th July
Thursday 20th July
Thursday 3rd August
Thursday 17th August
Thursday 7th September
Thursday 21st September
Thursday 5th October
Thursday 19th October
Thursday 2nd November
Thursday 16th November
Thursday 7th December
Venue: Everest Community Academy, Oxford Way, RG24 9UP
Click here for website
Date: First and Third Thursday
Time: 17:00 - 18:00
Links to the groups: